Skip to content
- Electronic equipment is cheaper and more widely available than ever before. Repairs are a thing of the past.
- Constant redesign, innovation and competition results in obsolete circuit boards.
- Most circuit boards are produced in large volumes and some fail stringent control checks.
- It is these two types of brand new (unpopulated / virgin) circuit boards that Revolve rescue for their exciting giftware and stationery products.
- The circuit boards have a flat finish and have never had components attached with any solder or glue.
- The heavy metals associated with electronic components are not present.
- Around 95% are green in colour, but occasionally gold, blue and, most rarely, red are available.
- Each product is hand finished to create an item with no sharp edges.
- Any shape can be produced for bespoke work and the only thing to limit us is our imagination!
- Juice Cartons are: Paper/Cardboard 75%, Polyethylene 20%, and Aluminium Foil 5%.
- Revolve Juice Carton material is a mixture of process waste, from the production of new Juice Cartons, and post consumer waste (used Juice Cartons).
- Juice Cartons are sorted, shredded, heated, cut into 5mm pieces and then spread between a secret foil into sheets and compressed with heat and pressure.
- The top secret foil gives a lacquered effect surface finish.
- After cooling, the sheets are pressed again to give added strength. Finally the board is trimmed around the edges.
- No other material is added therefore ensuing that the polyethylene from the original Juice Carton mix may melt and act as a glue to bind all the pieces together.
- The coloured printing, the brown carton material, and the silver aluminium foil are all clearly visible in the finished Juice Carton board.
Plastic Bottle – HDPE
High Density Polyethylene
Bottles range from shampoo bottles to milk bottles and many, many more giving a vibrant selection of colours. The bottles are washed, chopped up and then placed into a press at 180 deg and at a pressure of 1000 tonnes to give a flat sheet.
Coffee Cup – HIPS
High Impact Polystyrene
Vending machine coffee cups. The cups are washed, chopped up and then placed into a press at 180 deg and at a pressure of 1000 tonnes to give a flat sheet.
Yoghurt Pot – HIPS
High Impact Polystyrene
Factory reject yoghurt pots, washed, chopped up and then placed into a press at 180 deg and at a pressure of 1000 tonnes to give a flat sheet. The sheets have a terrazzo or stone effect and can be sanded to obtain a whiter finish like marble.
Clean Plastic Bags are used from a number of sources including high street shops and from packaging. After sorting and shredding, the bags are placed on a big T-Shirt press and made into sheets. Each sheet is unique and we do not know the appearance until after it emerges.
CD / DVD
A mixture of CD/DVD’s from software, music publishing and DVD production companies are used to create gifts. Most discs are quality control rejects and will not play. See if you can spot a well known TV series or Software title on a DVD /CD.
A very versatile sheet material in a number of different colours. Wherever possible, we use acrylic which is 100% recycled. Certain colours are not recycled but still make cool looking gifts.